Altered tomato catch up bottle

Hello everyone
For those of you who love altering bottles like I do, I have some fun and easy techniques to share with you. I’ve created 3 altered bottles using a same technique on each bottle. These are i made for my uncle's housewarming party gift. I’ll (short)explain techniques I used.


Soak the bottles in water, and remove the labels
Once the bottles are clean and dry, instead of painting Gesso, i used masking tape to cover the bottle
Apply white glue on whole bottle and spread the glass beads
Use the gold & silver metallic spray paint on the bottle 
Decorate with solo wood flowers(use difft metallic colors), dry leaves, & lace 




This was great fun and I am so pleased to discover that the gem cluster glass beads can be altered so easily. I hope you like my altered bottle.



Thank you for joining today!

Entering to

8 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. HOLY COW!! I am just loving these gorgeous bottles!! So much TLC and time put into these and it was worth it! Stunning, gorgeous, love love love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD - these are fabulous and such a clever idea using masking tape. thank you for sharing over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea. I have seen masking tape used before to create a wood/bark look but this looks amazing. So many thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing transformation! I'm always in awe of people like you who can see the possibilities in common objects (like ketchup bottles). Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Craft & Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must do this soon; I save sooo many bottles and this looks amazing! Love the beads and gold and silver so elegant! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing creations......who'd have thought they started life as bottles of sauce? Love them....thanks for the inspiration! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo L x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so sparkly, pretty & fun :) never heard of using masking tape for this, learnt something new today :) :) Am definitely gonna try this :)

    ReplyDelete