Mixed media on Tuna tin

Hello All,
I love finding new way to decorate these little metal tins. This time I took a 8.5cm (diameter) two piece metal tuna tin and created a patina aged look with Gesso and Mists.


So today I will Show you and Give you Ideas how to make your own Altered clocks
What you want to do is come up with an idea of what you want your Tin to look like
Once you Figure out what Style and Theme of alteration you are going for
you will need  
Round Tins
Different size beads
Metal sticks ( Jewellery making items) 
Bottle caps
Floral wire
Black & White Gesso
Glue gun
Metal charms
Blossoms (What ever you want for decorations)
Chipboard cutouts or metal (clock design)
Glass glitter
Mist - Gold, Green, And Blue (Vintage shade )
Mode podge.
For the People who do not know what Mod Podge is
its Decoupage Glue for Crafts
Decorations such as Crystals , Glassbeads , Plastic Beads , Glitter, Paint, Gemstones , Sand , Ribbon

Step by step details







 
 
 
 
 
Making 2 legs
 

 Use glue gun in between 2 bottle caps.
 
 
 First I used black Gesso all over the tin inside and out. I then took the White gesso on top side..... mist in two tones of blue and blue green and mixed each color into gessos until I liked the way the colors looked. I painted on many layers with this mixture. Fun textured look right?. 

The embellishments were painted in the same way. In the next step I went slightly over anything with gold rub n buff. The inside of the tin only had black Gesso and Lindy's Mists. I can't rub on with white gesso (in one clock tin). 


  Add your embellishments.........
 
 
 
 
I can not Tell you how to Decorate for you
All I can do is Share some Altered art to Inspire you to make one that best suits you

Have fun making your own
Thank you for peeking in,
Hugs from Suzna  

29 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. Wow these are gorgeous, love the rusty look n the colors :) thank you for the step by step photos dear, shows how much work you put into these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Beautiful Truly creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Beautiful Truly creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww :) truly brilliant..! The bottle cap& beads idea is awesome..Great way to revamp these little tins..!Thank u so much for sharing the tutorial dear.. Can't wait to try this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! And a great tutorial to. Never had guessed what materials you use :) Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu January challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your clocks are WONDERFUL !!!!! Love all the details and thank you for sharing your process photos.... what a beautiful transformation.... Thank you for creating with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beyond fabulous! I so wish I had seen your makes before attempting mine for the design team post! I could not figure the little bells and handle out on mine and I love how you made yours! Off to my stash of tuna cans and bottle caps pronto! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, these are simply gorgeous! And so clever too. LOVE them! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunningly beautiful project created and love the way you have played with the right colours !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...this is so beautiful. You have done a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, now aren't you the creative one! Love this idea and I will definitely have o CASE this! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow is the only thing that comes into my mind. Such a wonderful idea! I would never have thought of that. Thank you for joining Berry71Blue this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clever! Cannot believe what you started with....total transformation. BRILLIANT:) Thanks for sharing with us at LESSology this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow absolutely stunning pieces of art. I keep thinking about making with small tins thank you for the inspiration. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw your thumbnail on We Love to Create, and I had to come over for a closer look! Wow! I'm so happy I did! Your transformation is amazing, and I am in love with your colors! Fabulous work, and I hope and bet you will win across the board! Thank you for sharing your process! I wish there were a way for me to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my fav project of yours :) :) height of creativity dear. And that rusty old look is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  17. love what you have done with the clocks - fabulous piece - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  18. Génial ! Bravo ! J'adore l'idée des capsules ! ( I love the idea with bottle caps )

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous! And so very cool! A tuna can!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning . Loved the way simple items were transformed into a wow Clock!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really so amazing and beautiful and so fabulously creative! So stunning! ;-) Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is absolutely fabulous!!! How creative!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. Gorgeous. Thank you for joining Berry71Blue this month!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fine job and intresting tutiorial!Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great! It was wonderful to see the way You have created your project :-)
    Thank You for playing with us at Berry71Bleu this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. What a great idea!
    Thank you for playing with Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my...that is genius!!! Both the projects look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find
    It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    Monkey multimedia link is given below:
    https://softserialskey.com/mediamonkey-gold-crack/

    ReplyDelete