Garden Frame

Hi Everyone,  
Very happy to share with you today a mixed media frame which i created for ColourArte Design Team Call. 

This mixed media frame used Silks Paints, Prima mica powders, Distress ink and Shrimmerz mists. The tutorial will show you how I created a simple and dimensional frame, just like canvas back look to the center of the frame. I hope you like it! 


Step by step details 
1. Make a frame by cutting A3 size black chipboad and for pop up i used 3D tape.


2. Use small piece of tissue paper apply with mod podge on the corner sides, which give more finishing look
    Apply texture with stencil and modeling paste.
    Then laying out with corner design Chipboard.
    And coating whole area with Black gesso.




3. I covered the some area with thick coat of Prima crackle paste and allowed this to dry. Once dry, randomly painted with white gesso


4. Add embellishment as you like. For more texture look, i added net design cloth and i have drawn lines of hot glue on the center

5. I used the same as before Black & White gesso





 6. Carefully put the mica powder on frame
 
 
 7. Add start spraying with plane water
8. I used shrimmerz water color sprays with plane water mist for reduce the sharpness of color



9. I still wanted more definition so I rubbed on some Silk Acrylic glaze with my finger to further define the raised areas.  




10. Than, i randomly painted with iridescent paint ( copper & violet ) 



11. For finishing touch use Inka Gold on whole area and distress ink on Chipboard corner


Here is some close ups












I hope you all enjoyed my mixed media frame.. Maybe I have to keep some place in my house..We’ll see.. Have a creative day!!

ColourArte blog

8 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. Awesome dear, just wow. Love the intricate stack of embellishments & colors :) :) gorgeous Suzna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and beautifully explained :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww.. A stunning project with so many gorgeous textures & embellishments :) <3 The tutorial is so informative & helpful.. TFS.. wishing you all the very best dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and love those colors Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabbylous I love the way u made the frame. Neat idea.💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzna, loved the frame, your newest follower :) great to connect
    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete